Finance and Administration Manager
The Finance and Administration Manager’s role will include:
- Implementing all aspects of the book-keeping and financial reporting to EJF's Directors and the Senior Management Team.
- Drafting the organization’s annual budget for approval; and projecting income and expenditures against the budget through the year, flagging variations to the budget.
- Compiling detailed weekly and monthly financial reports on all expenditure and income and cash-flow; and bank account reconciliations.
- Providing analysis of key income streams that enable us to track the effectiveness of the fundraising initiatives (including grants, donations and the online shop), as well as tracking expenditure against grants and projections for spend.
- Being the primary point of internal oversight for the transfers to and financial reporting from EJF’s overseas offices; and ensuring the timely payments of invoices from foreign team members.
- Ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient management of EJF's administrative systems; contracts and leases (in the UK and overseas); insurance policies (liability/equipment/travel/health) and staff recruitment and records.
- Ensuring the payroll and pension administration (external) is effective and kept up-to-date. Making recommendations for improvements or adjustments as needed to ensure efficiencies and building our cost-effectiveness in the UK and overseas.
- Preparing the accounts for the annual external audit and liaising with the auditors, including prepayments, accruals and depreciation.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Proven professional experience (at least 4 years) of managing finances and administrative systems.
- Book-keeping (or higher) formal qualification.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task, responding to needs and opportunities.
- Superb attention to detail, accuracy and reliability.
- Integrity, confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role in the charity or not-for-profit sector.
- Experience of Sage 50 accounts.
Applications: please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday 19th April 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No other communications please.
Interviews will take place in April 2019. Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
EJF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity, fair and equal treatment within the workplace.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.