Administration and Finance Officer - Liberia
Position: Administrative and Finance Officer
Based: EJF office in Monrovia, Liberia
Contract:Full-time, for the duration of the project (4 years) after a 6 month trial period
Salary range: €16,000-€22,000 (dependent on experience)
- Private healthcare package
- Annual leave of 17 days plus all 11 Liberian national public holidays, increasing by 2 days each year of service, plus 1 personal day per year
The Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Administrative and Finance Officer to implement and develop our oceans programme in Liberia.
Based in Monrovia, Liberia, you will have the responsibility for financial management and administrative support in implementing a new project to reduce illegal fishing and improve the sustainability of fisheries by expanding and strengthening community co-management associations, creating effective capacity for community monitoring and reporting of illegal fishing in Liberia.
This 4-year project is supported with funding from the EU. The role will require a range of skills and abilities and offers many opportunities for career development including, but not limited to, effective project management and managing large donor funded project finances.
- Assist the Country Coordinator in corresponding with stakeholders by preparing draft letters and arranging for their dispatch
- Assist with internal correspondence such as office orders, minutes, memos etc
- Ensure regular maintenance of the EJF office and assets.
- Prepare for and arrange travel and accommodation of visiting international staff and local staff on field visits.
- Develop and oversee project’s equipment register, inventories and management database to ensure a close monitoring on the use of equipment (fuel use, spare parts, equipment and vehicle tracking…).
- Be responsible for procurement and ensuring all procurement procedures are followed and in line with EJF, EU and Liberian regulations.
- Undertake accounting and financial reporting including proper recording of all financial transactions, cash and bank reconciliations together with monthly analysis, report of expenditures versus budget and cash flow projections in collaboration with the Country coordinator and in close relation with the Finance Manager in the UK.
- Prepare and keep proper book of all accounts (both physical and electronic) and assist with periodic financial audits
- Monitor expenditures and use of project resources to ensure activities operate within budget.
- Provide monthly or quarterly reports to management on budgetary performance of the project.
- Handle payroll accounts of all local staff on the project
- Analyse all fiscal activities and ensure compliance with accounting and legal requirements of Liberia.
- Manage all staff related issues in line with EJF’s polices.
- University degree in business administration, accounting or relevant areas.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Education - A University degree in business administration, accounting or relevant areas.
- Successful professional experience in a similar position, particularly, and experience in international development project administration and finance is preferred.
- Good knowledge of Liberian financial administration procedures and context.
- Experience of managing EU grants
- Good verbal and written communication, particularly in English
- Ethical, responsible, enthusiastic
- Strong organisational skills
- Good leadership traits and potential
- Interpersonal skills
- Computer literate, particularly with Excel.
Applications: please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 13 February 2020
Applications will be considered on an ongoing basis with interviews expected to begin from the 3rd of February 2020.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in Liberia.
EJF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace. We encourage applications from females and marginalised groups.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.