We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative volunteer to develop content for all our social media platforms. You will work across all our campaigns, helping to end slavery at sea and illegal fishing; protect climate refugees and halt the climate crisis; prevent the harm caused by the fast fashion industry, and conserve wildlife and forests.
You will work closely with our communications, fundraising and film teams to produce engaging social media posts and videos that inspire people to take positive action for people and planet. You will also have the chance to work with our campaigners, sourcing the best stories to share on social media and raising the profile of our work. You will have access to EJF’s world-class catalogue of images and video, taken by our own team around the world, to creatively tell our stories.
Why volunteer for EJF?
You will gain valuable experience in digital communications at a dynamic and high-impact charity, and have an opportunity to use your own creativity, passion and skills to have a real impact for people and planet. This is a great opportunity to be part of a friendly, exciting team working to secure environmental justice.
Dynamic, agile and effective, the Environmental Justice Foundation (EJF) is working to secure a world where natural habitats and environments can sustain, and be sustained by, the communities that depend upon them for their basic needs and livelihoods.
The role is voluntary for a period of 3 months+, minimum of 1 day per week. Based in Bath, local (Bath/Bristol) travel costs will be paid together with a lunch allowance.
Skills, experience and attributes
- An ability to write engaging posts tailored for different audiences across all our social media accounts including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Creativity to use EJF’s existing film and photography archives to engage new audiences.
- Commitment to EJF’s goals of protecting people and planet.
- Demonstrable experience of environmental campaigning and/or relevant study.
- Knowledge of social media scheduling, analysis and reporting tools is beneficial but not necessary, and can be taught to the right candidate.
- Write posts for all our social media accounts including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Write scripts for short social media videos.
- Report on the success of social media posts and strategies with a view to improving engagement.
- Develop new ideas for how to raise EJF’s profile with digital communications.
To apply, please send your CV and a short cover letter (including your availability: start date and preferred days) to email@example.com by 2nd March 2020. Please also include a writing sample if you have one available. This post will be filled as soon as the right candidate applies, so don't delay! If you have social media accounts that you are happy to share, please do send us a link.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.